When the System Does Not Seem To Work Properly
The RVC system might not work properly or display a clear image if:
• The RVC is turned off. See “Turning the RVC System On or Off” earlier in this section.
• It is dark.
• The sun or the beam of headlamps is shining directly into the camera lens.
• Ice, snow, mud, or anything else builds up on the camera lens.
Clean the lens, rinse it with water, and wipe it with a soft cloth.
• The back of the vehicle is in an accident, the position and mounting angle of the camera can change or the camera can be affected. Be sure to have the camera and its position and mounting angle checked at your dealer.
The RVC system display in the rearview mirror may turn off or not appear as expected due to one of the following conditions. If this occurs the left indicator light on the mirror will flash.
• A slow flash may indicate a loss of video signal, or no video signal present during the reverse cycle.
• A fast flash may indicate that the display has been on for the maximum allowable time during a reverse cycle, or the display has reached an Over Temperature limit.
The fast flash conditions are used to protect the video device from high temperature conditions. Once conditions return to normal the device will reset and the green indicator will stop flashing.
During any of these fault conditions, the display will be blank and the indicator will flash while the vehicle is in R (Reverse) or until the conditions return to normal.
Press and hold when the left indicator light is flashing to turn off the video display along with the left indicator light.